Proven, solid interdisciplinary experience. I am an IT guy. My PhD thesis is titled "Space-Time Window Reconstruction in Parallel High Performance Numerical Simulations: Application for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)" where I showed, for the first time, that it
is possible to capture space-time boundary conditions for regions of interest in big data numerical CFD simulations for later reconstruction on commodity hardware.
My PhD thesis is freely available here.
I also invented Bunker jails, a hardened isolation enhancement for lightweight secure virtualization devices on some unix operating systems. This allows for any Internet service daemon, including a web server, to be connected to the world from within a highly compact and secured environment without using networking sockets. The trick is done via reverse local file proxying. This way remote exploits can not succeed as long as the proxy stays true to not doing more than simple proxying.
My article on Bunker jails is freely available here.
- Alin Anton, Sebastian Muntean, Romeo F. Susan-Resiga, SWIRL2D: An interface tracking algorithm for computing the two-dimensional swirling flows with stagnant region, Proceedings of the Romanian Academy, Volume 17, Number 4/2016, pp. 366–373, ISSN 1454-9069, WOS:000394189900012.
- Alin Anton, Vladimir-Ioan Creţu, Albert Ruprecht, Sebastian Muntean, Traffic Replay Compression (TRC): a highly efficient method for handling parallel numerical simulation data, Proceedings of the Romanian Academy, Volume 14, Number 4/2013, pp. 385–392, ISSN 1454-9069, WOS:000328441500016.
- Alin Anton, Razvan Cioarga, Bunkers: Jail Application Level Firewall for the Mitigation and Identification of Service Takeover Attacks on HardenedBSD, ESORICS 2019 International Workshops, IOSec, MSTEC, and FINSEC, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, in conjunction with the 24th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), September 26–27, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-42051-2.
- Alin Anton, Reconstruction of a space-time window in a transient simulation of the breaking of a dam, In Proc. of the 6th Intern. Symp. on Applied Comp. Intel. and Inform. (Timisoara, May 2011), pp. 335–340.
- Alin Anton, Vladimir Cretu, Fast algorithm for the extraction of a space-time window in finite volume meshes, In Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics (Timisoara, May 2011), pp. 327–330.